Am I Alcoholic? Alcohol Dependence Test
Alcohol Dependence Test Taken from: ncadd.org
Disclaimer: The results of this alcohol dependence test are not intended to constitute a diagnosis of alcoholism and should be used solely as a guide to understanding your alcohol use and the potential health issues involved with it. The information provided here cannot substitute for a full evaluation by a health professional.
- Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are drinking?
- Do you drink heavily when you are disappointed, under pressure or have had a quarrel with someone?
- Can you handle more alcohol now than when you first started to drink?
- Have you ever been unable to remember part of the previous evening, even though your friends say you didn’t pass out?
- When drinking with other people, do you try to have a few extra drinks when others won’t know about it?
- Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if alcohol is not available?
- Are you more in a hurry to get your first drink of the day than you used to be?
- Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about your drinking?
- Has a family member or close friend expressed concern or complained about your drinking?
- Have you been having more memory blackouts recently?
- Do you often want to continue drinking after your friends say they’ve had enough?
- Do you usually have a reason for the occasions when you drink heavily?
- When you’re sober, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while drinking?
- Have you tried switching brands or drinks, or following different plans to control your drinking?
- Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your drinking?
- Have you ever had a DWI driving while intoxicated or DUI driving under the influence of alcohol violation, or any other legal problem related to your drinking?
- Are you having more financial, work, school, and/or family problems as a result of your drinking?
- Has your physician ever advised you to cut down on your drinking?
- Do you eat very little or irregularly during the periods when you are drinking?
- Do you sometimes have the shakes in the morning and find that it helps to have a little drink, tranquilizer or medication of some kind?
- Have you recently noticed that you can’t drink as much as you used to?
- Do you sometimes stay drunk for several days at a time?
- After periods of drinking do you sometimes see or hear things that aren’t there?
- Have you ever gone to anyone for help about your drinking?
- Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during or after periods of heavy drinking?
- Have any of your blood relatives ever had a problem with alcohol?